Viktor's blogpost



Is our food culture changing?


The globalization, the technological advancement and climate change have influenced our way of living. But has this change had an impact on the food culture around the entire world? Where I can see it, everything is increasing in portions so the people or gaining a lot of weight. Is this good or not? Read the blog to see what my research brought.



When we look at what we can eat now a days, we agree that we have a lot of choice. But is this big product range good for us? From my research I conclude that we have 10 times more choice than 20-30 years ago. So you got a lot of different kinds of food in the supermarket, but not everyone makes right decisions when they buy food.  When you buy food there is always a part of you that wants the unhealthy stuff, so you buy it.  But now there is so much choice that you don’t even know what’s healthy and what’s not. So the most people just buy things they like, but they don’t think about the consequences of eating unhealthy food. And that’s the start of getting fat. The USA is one of the countries with the fattest people in the world. It’s not the fault of their body’s but the problem is that they make bad decisions when they buy food. Don’t always buy things that are sweet or fat, but try something healthy. It’s good for your body and it can taste very good. At the other side you don’t commit a crime when you eat unhealthy food. You can eat it but just not too much, it’s always better to take an apple instead of a cookie. Healthy food is also good if you practice a sport it will help you to increase your body weight in a good way, that you don’t get fat but that your muscles will develop better. So the next time that you want to consider eating something unhealthy, think about what I just said and take something good and healthy. So the real question now, is our food culture changing? The answer: absolutely, nowadays the food and the process of making food is evolved so much that it absolutely isn’t comparable like what it was 50 years ago. We are getting fatter, we are polluting more and the food industry is increasing. Where will we be in 50 years from now, no one knows but if it changed like it changed the last 50 years we are waiting on something big to come in the future. Lets pray it will be good for humane and planet earth.

Comments

  1. Hey there, you're blog post is really intersting.
    You listed many true facts I didn't realise were so important. True, the variety of unhealty food offered to the people is far to big, so it's definitely hard to pick the apple instead of the cookie. I will definitely think about your advise, next time I'm going to the grocery store. Let's hope the future really brings something good for planet and people. It's sad that you didn't structure your text better though (into different paragraphs maybe). Than it would have been clearer and easier to read. Anyway, keep up your good work.
    (-Meike-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Viktor,
    I enjoyed reading your blog post because you wrote it very vividly and interestingly.
    I realized with scare that even without thinking about it, I go shopping and buy whatever I am looking for. I do not think about how harmful unhealthy eating really is. And I think that is the problem!
    Moreover I really love your final part because you have summarized everything briefly and concisely and that completes the text very well.
    But I have a little note you could have added some sales so that the different topics a little better structured.
    Greetings, Jule

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Viktor,

    I've really been thinking about your words about healthy eating. I agree with you that it is really healthier to eat an apple instead of sweets.

    Your view of the future is very interesting but I don't agree that we will be fat in the future. I'm not fat and I really don't care if I eat healthy or not. Some days I prefer to eat cake when an apple.

    Your text is understandable but I miss headlines. That would make your text easier to read.

    -Erika

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts