Adriaan's Opinion blog post

Why should we consider Fast-food as crap-food?

These days, it seems that people can’t stop eating fast-food. You can say that people consider fast-food as normal food. However a lot of people don’t seem to realize what the consequences are of eating too much fast-food. In this opinion blog I will explain why I think we should avoid eating fast-food and why I believe that it disturbs our eating pattern. I will also address the possible solutions we have got to solve this eating disorder. Let me explain.

The impact of fast-food

I am convinced that fast-food is very bad for your health. The things it causes to your body could be deadly if not taken under control. In fact fast-food is so bad that it causes high blood pressure, hearth diseases and obesity. In general I can say that it causes a lot of negative things/ negative environment. Look at America for example. In the past people used to be a lot smaller and the amount of people with obesity would be very slim. Nowadays adults and children are fatter than ever. I have found a graph that proves that the obesity in America has grown with almost 8% from 2007 till 2016.

What are the keen reasons for us to buy it?

 I’m convinced that once of the reasons of the massive obesity grow is that fast-food is not that expensive. Thus making it easier for people to afford it. I sometimes find it astonishing how we are able to get hamburgers for only 1 burger which already provides more than 200 calories. I also believe it is the type of food people buy when they want to have their stomachs filled fast and most importantly without doing any effort at all.

Are there any solutions?
                         
There might be some people that claim that there aren’t any solutions, since you can’t really tell anyone what they should and shouldn’t eat. However I’m not one of them. I feel we have multiple solutions and things we can work on. We should try to spread more messages about the dangers of fast-food. There is also a solutions were the government could have a large impact. I think they should do something in order to reduce the amount of fast-food restaurants among a radius of 5 kilometers. They should also impose a fast-food tax which could will reduce the amount of fast-food consumers. However I’m still convinced that we are they only once responsibly for our own health and eating habits. If we don’t act first I believe nobody will. This is why I ask you to spread the message to everyone you can. Do this by promoting other health food and avoid this crap-food. Try to put in more effort and provide your children with fresh and health food. Because If you won’t do it as a parent, they will certainly not in the future.

Conclusion and final thoughts:

My conclusion is that fast-food isn’t healthy at all and people should really consider changing their eating habits. With this they will likely decrease the chances of getting obesity and other health issues. I strongly believe that we should resist the temptation of eating fast-food. I believe we have a lot of solutions to reduce this massive problem only if we as consumers act first. This is why I think we should promote healthy food to everyone we can, as much as we can to create a positive environment without this crap-food.


Gerelateerde afbeelding

Sources:

Graph: -> Gabrielle Levy(2018,March 26), U.S.News retrieved from: https://www.usnews.com/news/data-mine/articles/2018-03-26/sharp-increase-in-obesity-rates-over-last-decade-federal-data-show


Hamburger info (calories): -> Jessica Bruso (2018, December 11), Livestrong.com retrieved from: https://www.livestrong.com/article/306441-how-many-calories-does-a-hamburger-have/

Comments

  1. I love this post! It gives me some more information about how food habits have changed for the past years. It inspired me to eat more healthy and to skip fast food. It seems crazy to me that people are fatter in general, compared to 50 years ago, but it is actually logical. We have way more fast food now, so that will probably be the reason why we are fatter nowadays. I agree with Viktor and with his arguments. Also, I agree with Adriaan. He says that the main reason why more and more people buy fast food, is that it is cheap. I understand this argument, because I think that when people are in a restaurant and see a burger for £5 or a salad for £10, everyone will probably take the burger.
    - Nieke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fast food is crap food!

    I really like this post, because you give your opinion about it, and you use facts to defend your point of view. Also, everything you say makes sense and gives us more information about the bad sides and why people prefer fast food over healthy food.


    First of all, you say that fast-food is bad for your health and you use a paragraph to defend your opinion which is great!

    Then you talk about why people buy fast food and you give a reason for that. You say that it is cheap, but i can give you several fast foods restaurants like McDonalds or KFC and those are pretty expensive, you have to spend 7 dollars at least to get your stomach filled. There are not any real examples given from your side.

    Last, you talk about how we can fix this "fast food" problem. I also think the same way as you do! we should indeed spread more messages to inform people about the bad sides of this so called crap food, and this should effect the way that people eat.

    Overall, this is a great blog and i loved reading it! thanks for your usefull information.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts